V1.44 was released on 2022-Aug-29 and is the current stable version. You can download the release ZIP file (4 MB):
Changes from V1.43
- Limited mainboard LED flashing to three flashes after reset.
- Reduced key repeat timeout from 100 ms to 50 ms.
- Improved mate search mode.
- Improved general performance.
- Improved pawn hash collision handling.
- Fine-tuned pruning and eval.
- Removed null move threat move.
- More late move reductions.
- Fixed legality checks in the book tool (no engine impact).
- Improved FEN parser for incomplete FENs.
- CPU throttling has an additional activation checkbox.
- The Android build chain has been updated from NDK r23 to r23c.
- Capturing a castling enabled rook and then recapturing with another rook keeps the castling rights.
- The firmware is not compatible with the Olimex H405 mainboard variant that has a GigaDevice GD32F405 controller instead of an STMicroelectronics STM32F405.
Note: issues are fixed with new releases only – there are no backports. However, if an issue is found, it will be listed for the previous releases where applicable.