First Release V1.01
The CT800 was overclocked to the maximum of 240 MHz and scored 3.5 out of 8 points. The opponents averaged at 2305 ELO, which gives a tournament performance of 2260 ELO. The statistical variance with so few sample games is high, so this is only a rough estimation.
- The time handling works, but allocates too little time for the important early game phase.
- In pawn endgames with opposite coloured bishops, the king positions can overrule a pawn loss.
- In the rook vs. bishop endgame, the correct edge is not highlighted enough over its adjacent rim squares, which occasionally might lose a game.
- With the 50 moves rule, checkmate is not given precedence over draw in the 50th move.
- The opening book has some uncovered areas.
- Battery monitoring does not work during menu access or other dialogues.
- “Always on” light mode does not work and acts like "automatic".
- Undoing or redoing moves within the opening book range deletes the little ‘b’ that denotes book moves.
- Saving the display contrast does not work and interferes with the "turbo mode" settings.