Second Release V1.10
V1.10, released 14-May-2017, is the second stable version. You can download the ZIP file (5 MB):
Changes from V1.01
- More aggressive time management for game-in and tournament modes.
- New easy move detection.
- New horizon search PV deepening.
- Corrected king safety evaluation for the pawn shelter.
- Added some backports of the NG-Play update from v9.86 to v9.87 that speed up the search.
- Enhanced the opening book.
- Opening book allows implicit queening.
- Battery shutdown monitoring works at all times.
- “Always on” light mode works.
- Saving the display contrast works.
- Custom display characters make the dialogues look cleaner.
- The opening book uses combined CRC-40 hashing instead of CRC-32.
- Some code speedup and cleanup.
- Updated the ARM compiler from GCC 5.4 Q3/2016 to GCC 6.3 Q1/2017.
- The opening book compiler got a code refactoring for more clarity and robustness. It displays error messages in clear text. Besides plain ASCII input book files, it also accepts UTF-8 with and without BOM.
- The build batch file resp. shell script does a fully automated and complete build, including useful error messages if something goes wrong.
- In pawn endgames with opposite coloured bishops, the king positions can overrule a pawn loss.
- In the rook vs. bishop endgame, the correct edge is not highlighted enough over its adjacent rim squares, which occasionally might lose a game.
- With the 50 moves rule, checkmate is not given precedence over draw in the 50th move.
- In complicated middlegame positions, the pre-search alone can take 10 seconds.
- Manually saving and loading a game in game-in or tournament mode adds Fischer delay and player bonus to the player’s clock.
- Undoing or redoing moves within the opening book range deletes the little ‘b’ that denotes book moves.
Note: issues are fixed with new releases only – there are no backports. However, if an issue is found, it will be listed for the previous releases where applicable.