Third Release V1.11
V1.11, released 17-Jun-2017, is the third stable version. You can download the ZIP file (5 MB):
Changes from V1.10
- There is a PC version available, including pre-built Windows binaries in both 32 and 64 bit. This engine uses the Winboard protocol.
- The hash tables are not completely cleared before a move.
- Added some openings for passive knowledge (Shirov Gamit, Elephant Gambit, Budapest Gambit).
- All versions
- In pawn endgames with opposite coloured bishops, the king positions can overrule a pawn loss.
- In KR:KB, the correct defender edge is not highlighted enough over its adjacent rim squares, which occasionally might lose a game.
- With the 50 moves rule, checkmate is not given precedence over draw in the 50th move.
- Embedded target
- In complicated middlegame positions, the pre-search alone can take 10 seconds.
- Manually saving and loading a game in game-in or tournament mode adds Fischer delay and player bonus to the player’s clock.
- Undoing or redoing moves within the opening book range deletes the little ‘b’ that denotes book moves.
- Building the firmware with GCC 7.0 or higher fails because of false positive warnings that are treated as errors.
- Winboard version
- The “quick reply” feature does not always work.
Note: issues are fixed with new releases only – there are no backports. However, if an issue is found, it will be listed for the previous releases where applicable.