V1.33 was released on 2019-Jan-08. You can download the release ZIP file (5 MB):
Changes from V1.32
- Improved move sorting for quiet moves with regard to depth killers.
- Improved move sorting resulting from internal iterative deepening.
- When a best move is retrieved from the hash table, the move generation is deferred until the hash move has been tried without cut-off.
- Quiescence detects stalemate against lone king.
- Improved pawn evaluation: more penalty for isolated double pawns.
- Improved king handling in endgames like KRPP:KR.
- Added draw with KNP:K for rim pawns on 7th/2nd rank with defending king in the edge.
- Improved KBP:KP with attacker rim pawn and wrong bishop.
- The hash tables use a compressed move format which gains 16 kB of free RAM.
- The PV lines also use the compressed move format which saves 1 kB of stack.
- Entering moves has auto correction for swapped move squares if that converts an illegal entry into a legal one.
- The position editor catches double entries of the same piece type.
- In time per move mode, going into the menu and back displays the same thinking time as before instead of rounding up.
- Refactored and improved the driver layer. The clocking allows for possible future addition of USB, and energy consumption in standby has been reduced.
- Starting a software update may fail when the CT800 is running idle, see the troubleshooting section in the manual.
- The Android build chain has been updated from NDK r17b to r18b.
- A build script using Clang is supplied for generating a macOS 64 bit binary.
- The PV may contain an illegal move in the rare case that a PV position allows pawn takes queen with queening, but this is not the best move. However, the root move is not affected so that no illegal move will be played.
- When the supply voltage exceeds 5.4 V, the firmware erroneously displays a “low battery” warning and shuts down the device.
- When entering a new position after undoing or redoing moves, the move list in the main screen is not cleared.
- The “en passant” square given via FEN position string is discarded erroneously.
Note: issues are fixed with new releases only – there are no backports. However, if an issue is found, it will be listed for the previous releases where applicable.