V1.40 was released on 05-Apr-2020 and is the current stable version. You can download the release ZIP file (5 MB):
Changes from V1.34
- More aggressive pruning in search.
- Increased value of rook vs. minor and pawns if both sides have pawns.
- Improved handling of king and queen vs. king and rook.
- Simplified code for king, knight and bishop vs. king.
- Compressed the bitbase for king and pawn vs. king from 32 kB to 24 kB.
- The mate searching mode is about 30% faster, and opponent mate search has been removed.
- More opening book knowledge.
- Improved protection against false opening book hits.
- Added option for aggregate castling rights in the position editor.
- The Android build chain has been updated from NDK r18b to r21.
- The GCC build chain has been updated from 4.6.3 (Wheezy) to 8.3.0 (Buster).
There are no known issues in V1.40.
Note: issues are fixed with new releases only – there are no backports. However, if an issue is found, it will be listed for the previous releases where applicable.