V1.43 was released on 2021-Aug-29. You can download the release ZIP file (4 MB):
Changes from V1.42
- Added late move pruning near the main search leaves.
- Simplified quiescence search.
- Quiescence delta pruning cuts off remaining moves if the current one has no hope of improving alpha.
- The “en passant” square is cleared before a null move search and restored afterwards.
- Null move search is skipped if the null depth is zero and the static node evaluation below beta.
- Always reward the right to move, not only in the opening.
- Added hash and PV move priorisation in early move generation.
- Improved bishop corner capture with enemy pawn.
- Enabled multi-page PV display in “pretty print” format.
- Changed the dialogue display order from OK/CL to CL/OK.
- Fixed a bug where undoing moves and then entering a new position would not clear the move list in the main screen.
- Fixed winning KBN:K.
- More strength throtteling at the low end around 1000 Elo.
- The Android build chain has been updated from NDK r21e to r23.
- Capturing a castling enabled rook and then recapturing with another rook keeps the castling rights.
- The firmware is not compatible with the Olimex H405 mainboard variant that has a GigaDevice GD32F405 controller instead of an STMicroelectronics STM32F405.
Note: issues are fixed with new releases only – there are no backports. However, if an issue is found, it will be listed for the previous releases where applicable.